- 1 can (19oz / 540ml) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (Keep liquid from the can)
- 3 tablespoons of sesame tahini or peanut butter (45ml)
- 1 glove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of cunim
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons & 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/3 cup aquafaba (it’s the juice from the chickpeas)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- In a food processor, process chickpeas, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil, aquafaba, lemon juice, and salt until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika.